Ruth A. Kramer wrote:
> Sea&Gull wrote:
>
>>Russian.
>>You are interested in linguistics? ;)
>

> Not really per se.  It's just that (in past lives) I have dealt with a
> lot of non-native english speakers in technical situations and learned
> (somewhat at least) some of the problems with language.  (Also,
> fortunately, found humor in some of them. ;-)

Me too :) Some years:) ago I have dealt with some native english
speakers learning russian. It was interesting to see how
the instrumentalities of the analytic language (english) may be
expressed by the instrumentalities of the other-type language (russian).

BTW, it's much harder for native english speakers to lern russian
than for russians to learn english :)

--
   s&g