------_extPart_001_01C5105B.49D44EFF

Hi,

I am completely new to this language. I am trying to learn it on my own
by reading the book available online. I wanted to type some code and
test it while I was learning.

I was wondering if someone could answer the following questions that
would help me get started on writing some small amount of code testing
it myself.

1) Just like in C++ you have a .h and a .cpp file , In this language how
would you store your file. In other words if I open emacs and want to
write a very simple small class in what format would I save this file ?

2) How do you compile your code? What is the syntax?

3) Do you need a main and a makefile ? I am sure you would need a main
to test it . If yes how do you save the main? In what format?

These questions may seem really stupid, but I have no idea about this
language. I have a little knowledge of C and Java, but not ruby.

Any help is appreciated,

Thanks in advance,

Vidhi.

------_extPart_001_01C5105B.49D44EFF--