On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 01:00:19 +0900, Paulo Pinto <pjmlp / progtools.org> wrote:
> I guess that the fact that you are able to use it
> in the command prompt with a US keyboard
> might say something about it.
>
> What I find strange is that since ruby is already
> 10 years old, how this problems still exist with
> the tools that ship with the language.
>
> I like the language, specially the Smalltalk way
> of doing things in it. However just imagine
> trying to convince your coworkers to use
> the language and explain at the same time
> why irb doesn't work!

The real problem here is that the Windows package is not put together
well for international users and more feedback is required to make
things work better. You shouldn't have to find these workarounds; they
should already be present.

Curt, might it be possible to modify the installer so that either (1)
the readline code can be turned off for some users or (2) improve the
readline code for international users and provide a checkbox or
drop-down for this?

-austin
--
Austin Ziegler * halostatue / gmail.com