I guess that the fact that you are able to use it
in the command prompt with a US keyboard
might say something about it.

What I find strange is that since ruby is already
10 years old, how this problems still exist with
the tools that ship with the language.

I like the language, specially the Smalltalk way
of doing things in it. However just imagine
trying to convince your coworkers to use
the language and explain at the same time
why irb doesn't work!
--
Paulo

news:rQ2Pd.39328$sr1.35699 / fe2.texas.rr.com...