"Paulo Pinto" <pjmlp / progtools.org> wrote in message

> Let me explain, I've installed Ruby in a Windows XP
> Home Edition(french). my laptop uses the swiss-french
> keyboard layout. And all programs are able to read
> the keyboard without problems except irb!

I wonder if this is related to the problems with using IRB from within
jEdit's console shell, also on XP. Again it seems to be double-reading many
keystrokes. And this is with a straight US keyboard. I assumed it was a
jEdit bug but not I'm not so sure.

Here is what it looks like. All I typed is:
    irb<ret>
    2+2<ret>
Note that the 2+2 is echoed back again, and the second <ret> seems to be
read twice as IRB is now in line-continuation mode. Any pointers
appreciated, as I have basically given up on using irb within jEdit's
console.

C:\Program Files\jEdit 4.2> irb
irb(main):001:0> 2 + 2
2 + 2