Thanks for the information.
It's already good enough to keep going.

<rant>
But this beares the question. WHY ON EARTH does
a nice language like ruby has this problems to start with?

It seems that it's using some processing of scancodes
instead of doing the right thing and read the windows
character codes. This is the first time I have such a
problem in Windows. And on Unix I only get this
type of problems in misconfigured terminals.

I almost feel like going to the comfortable PythonWin
IDE!
</rant>

Now that I've thrown that out of my chest, I will try
to play around with ruby in Linux. Maybe there I
will have better luck.

Thanks for the help,
Paulo

news:420c8afa$0$32339$5fc30a8 / news.tiscali.it...