On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 04:45:44 +0900, Douglas Livingstone
<rampant / gmail.com> wrote:
> HTML 3.2? Not seen that in a while... I think it needs updated:
> Replace Smalltalk with Java, and Java with Ruby :-)

Argh! Going from Smalltalk to Java is not an improvement at all.
Java's benefit compared to conventional languages like C/C++ is
automatic memory management and straight-jacket ways to do a bit of
dynamic programming (like loading classes at runtime, etc.) (and even
that not without pains).

Going from Smalltalk to Java and then to Ruby only works if you intend
to deliver great pain and misery and suddenly smooth their suffering.
I think it is a masochist strategy which I don't deserve to anyone.