Paulo Pinto wrote:
> Let me explain, I've installed Ruby in a Windows XP
> Home Edition(french). my laptop uses the swiss-french
> keyboard layout. And all programs are able to read
> the keyboard without problems except irb!
>
> If run in the console, it isn't able to read AltGr+key
> combinations, that i need for {}[] among others. If
> I run it inside the Scitilla editor, every key is processed
> twice. So a becomes aa, b becomes bb and so forth.

I don't know about  Scintilla, but I have managed to let irb work on my
Dell laptop (Inspiron 2500) with an Italian-layout keyboard, Win2K Pro
SP4 (in English) just setting appropriate values in my .inputrc (kept in
win equivalent of ~, that is C:\Documents and Settings\bop in my case):
"\M-[": "["
"\M-]": "]"
"\M-{": "{"
"\M-}": "}"
"\M-\\": "~"
"\M-|": "|"
"\M-@": "@"
"\M-": ""
"\M-~": "~"
"\M-\3760": "}"
"\M-\3767": "{"
"\M-\3768": "("
"\M-\3769": ")"
"\M-\e[3~": delete-char

I have not managed to let ~ work with Fn+126, therefore as you can see I
artifically map it with Alt+\

You may find some more references in the archive as well, please check it.

Please note that you have to specificy an environment variable like the
following in order to make it work:
INPUTRC=C:\Documents and Settings\bop\.inputrc

HTH
Giuliano

--
If you want to send me an email address should be 'p', then a dot,
followed by 'bossi' at 'quinary', another dot and 'com' at last