On 07:05 Fri 11 Feb     , ckennedy2 wrote:
> And just
> CODE:
> def do_sshget (sshserver)
>

>   Net::SSH.start(sshserver, ...
> end

The above _should_ work fine. The error you are getting seems to
indicate that the host name you are using is misformatted somehow, but
I'm definitely not familiar with networking issues on Windows. (Is
Daniel Berger around and watching this thread? If so, any thoughts?)

> ************************
> I call with :
> do_sshget("someserver123")
> To no avail, same error
> ERROR:
> C:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/net/ssh/transport/session.rb:83:in
> `initialize':
> getaddrinfo: no address associated with hostname. (SocketError)
>         from
> C:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/net/ssh/transport/session.rb:83:in `
> open'
>
> ********************************
>  :( What the heck am I doing wrong?
>
> I don't think SFTP is installed/active on these servers. Using pscp isn't
> too much of a problem tho. I get the impression that scp is becoming
> deprecated throughout most languages (at least Perl) but in the real world
> its still on every box ;)

Yup, which is why I want to try and write this. Alas, as I mentioned,
it's a _real_ bear to implement. (Well, at least to understand. Once
understand it's actually pretty straightforward.)

- Jamis

--
Jamis Buck
jamis_buck / byu.edu