On Feb 10, 2005, at 8:32 PM, Tabor Kelly wrote:
> Anyway, I will need simple 2D animation. So, what will work for this?
> I heat GTK+ is nice to code for with Ruby, but it looks like the Win32
> port for GTK+ is kind of unstable (please correct me if I am wrong). I
> have heard that TK is a little painful to program with, but is _very_
> cross platform (again, correct me if I am wrong). How about FOX? Will
> these GUI toolkits even work, or should I be looking at SDL?

gtk's canvas is not only slow but also supposedly quite
unstable on win32. so yeah. i think ur right ;)

i'm qtruby co-devel so i should really be saying things
like: qt! cus qt4 will have gpl'ed windows support!!!
       and its wonderful! yay! and whoop!

but erm. sdl is a better choice. so i won't :P

Alex