On Feb 10, 2005, at 6:41 AM, Glenn Parker wrote:
> Robert Klemme wrote:
>>     class << self;self;end.class_eval do
>
> This particular trick has shown up a lot on the Ruby list lately.
> It's kind of ugly, but clearly useful.  I think it deserves a name, or
> possibly a new keyword.  What would you call it, "virtual_class_eval"?

Apparently I haven't been paying attention. What does the above do, and
how does it differ from:

class Foo
	def self.add( meth, &block )
		self.class_eval{ define_method( meth, &block ) }

or

class Foo
	def add( meth, &block )
		self.class.class_eval{ define_method( meth, &block ) }

?

Is it to add new methods to the instance only, and not all instances
derived from Foo?
--