James Edward Gray II wrote:
> On Feb 6, 2005, at 5:45 PM, Sea&Gull wrote:
>
>> I made one guess - count of possible wins of the first and
>> second player on the 4x4 board is in direct proportion to
>> count of their wins on the 4x2 board (due to the symmetry of
>> the 4x4 board and possible moves).
>

> "direct proportion" means that the numbers should just increase with the
> bigger board, right?

Something like that.
It is still unproved so it is just a guess.

> When I run your program, I get:
>
> Wins of first  == 64730
> Wins of second == 55728
> Second player is bounded to win
>
> The first player has more wins.  Why favor the other guy?

Hmmm... As I understand "is bounded" means "has less possibilities".
My program shows that the second player wins more rarely than
the first (in _all_ possible games on the 4x2 board).
So it has less possibilities to win, so it is bounded to win.

Or I misunderstand the meaning of "is bounded"?

--
   s&g