Hi,

In message "Re: ruby-mode.el"
    on Wed, 9 Feb 2005 17:40:06 +0900, Asfand Yar Qazi <ay1204 / qazi.f2s.com> writes:

|font-lock doesn't turn on by default unless I replace the line in
|ruby-mode.el that reads (eval-when-compile (require 'cl)) with
|(eval-when-compile (require 'cl) (require 'font-lock)).  Is this how
|it should be?

ruby-mode.el does not always require font-lock, for example, it should
work with hilit19 as well, so that requiring it by eval-when-compile
is not suitable.  I personally haven't seen the problem.  I'm not sure
how to avoid your problem.

|Ctrl-Q for word-wrapping comments no longer works!  It used to word
|wrap code as well as comments unless a new-line separated them, which
|was junky but still at least it was something.  It no longer works now
|- what's up?  Surely it should be possible to use the comment-wrapping
|code from (for example) sh-mode?

I don't think ruby-mode provides any Ctrl-Q binding, which is reserved
for quoted-insert.  Or maybe you meant Meta-Q, which is not modified
by ruby-mode by default.  Perhaps it belongs to your personal settings.

							matz.