Alexander Kellett, 8/2/2005 06:03:
> On Feb 8, 2005, at 4:59 AM, Caio Tiago Oliveira wrote:
>
>> Logan Capaldo, 8/2/2005 00:45:
>>
>>> Lately I've been playing around with Squeak (http://www.squeak.org/),
>>> and I was wondering wouldn't be cool if ruby could have a similiar
>>> environment. Would anyone else be interested in something like this?
>>

>> Yes. But Ruby is yet a lot imature for this.
>> At least we can try to make something like the worksspace (that's cool).
>

> immature? in what sense?
> thats troll talk. you should take the time to rephrase :)

IRB, which is the thing more likely to squeak workspace doesn't work
very well on windows. The IDEs for Ruby I tried are almost only
shortcuts for run the program and syntax colouring. There is a lack of
great features. The Refactoring of Freeride is still in development
(almost anything worked for me) and I couldn't find it in my version of
ArachnoRuby.

Yes, Ruby is very slow.

Cools projects like yarv and ruby2c yet are in development.

Ruby is cool and I will love when the AspectOrientedRuby proposal
becomes part of the language.

But it has a lack of good suport.