> > I'm especially interested in your use of pyggy though. Does this mean
> > you have a GLR grammar for Ruby lying around? I would like to try that
> > with rockit so if it is available / open-sourced please pass on; that
> > could save time. I have the starts of GLR grammars for Ruby but
> > nothing complete. Maybe we can join forces?
>
> its also just a beginning. just fiddling around with
> parsing of heredocs, #{}, %w{}, etc. really a very tiny
> syntax but it was fun. what sort of parser does rockit
> have? you have a working 1.8.x release now i guess ;)
> will that be released anytime?

Yes, it is also GLR with embedded regexps. It works with 1.8 and a
release is long overdue. I really want to get a full Ruby grammar in
there...

> i seem to recall that
> you went part c part ruby, which means its out for
> use with rubydium unfortunately. as soon as i'm finished
> with the current rubydium optimisations i'll do some more
> work on the glr ruby grammar.

Ok, we could exchange grammar sketches then; pls keep contact when you
move on that front.

> >> btw, i tried contacting you a while back wrt ruth
> >> and was wondering if the spam filters caught the
> >> email? summary - would you like patches?
> >>
> > Sure, although I tend to think that ParseTree would be a more
> > maintained/modern alternative?
>
> ruth does everything i've needed up to now :)
> just a few minor patches to the ast and some random
> stuff like multiassigns aren't supported, but i've
> got plenty more to implement in rubydium before that :)

Ok, please pass them along.

> was going to switch to a pyggy based parsetree
> whenever i find the time, but that'll be several
> months ago at a guess.

I'm not sure I understand "pyggy-based parsetree" but it sounds fun... ;)

/R