On Feb 8, 2005, at 1:02 PM, Robert Feldt wrote:
> I am, but the little time I have for ruby vm/interpreters has gone
> into compilers lately... ;)

hehe. ruby compilers? how goes with that?

> I'm especially interested in your use of pyggy though. Does this mean
> you have a GLR grammar for Ruby lying around? I would like to try that
> with rockit so if it is available / open-sourced please pass on; that
> could save time. I have the starts of GLR grammars for Ruby but
> nothing complete. Maybe we can join forces?

its also just a beginning. just fiddling around with
parsing of heredocs, #{}, %w{}, etc. really a very tiny
syntax but it was fun. what sort of parser does rockit
have? you have a working 1.8.x release now i guess ;)
will that be released anytime? i seem to recall that
you went part c part ruby, which means its out for
use with rubydium unfortunately. as soon as i'm finished
with the current rubydium optimisations i'll do some more
work on the glr ruby grammar.

>> btw, i tried contacting you a while back wrt ruth
>> and was wondering if the spam filters caught the
>> email? summary - would you like patches?
>>
> Sure, although I tend to think that ParseTree would be a more
> maintained/modern alternative?

ruth does everything i've needed up to now :)
just a few minor patches to the ast and some random
stuff like multiassigns aren't supported, but i've
got plenty more to implement in rubydium before that :)

was going to switch to a pyggy based parsetree
whenever i find the time, but that'll be several
months ago at a guess.

Alex