On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 12:11:42 +0900, Curt Sampson <cjs / cynic.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Feb 2005, Matt Maycock wrote:
>
> > Given that the OP mentioned Haskell, I think we should all try to come
> > up with some language that has the wonderfulness of Haskell with the
> > wonderful ness of Ruby.
>
> Indeed. Count me in as a user of this when you come up with it.

I'm also interested in this since they are my main languages (real
order is Ruby, C and Haskell though). They are so very different
though, so I'm not sure what it a mix "would mean". Pattern matching
added to Ruby? Type inference added to Ruby? (would only be a
performance issue? If so would it really change the language?) Dynamic
typing added to Haskell? (Sort of meaningless statement!? ;)) etc...
Maybe a wiki for this somewhere?

Best,

Robert Feldt