In article <4208277B.1030605 / byzantine.no>,
Alexander Staubo  <alex / byzantine.no> wrote:
>Interesting. Unfortunately, the dependency on a central NFS mount rules
>out rq for my purposes.

There's also TaskMaster (I think it's still on the RAA), but I haven't
updated it in ages.  I was going to try to take it in a more P2P
direction.

TaskMaster distributes task objects via drb.  As long as you define a
'run' method on your class it can be distributed.

I would tend to think that TaskMaster doesn't work with 1.8.x, but you
could probably get it running without too many changes...  Also, there was
a Dr. Dobb's article on it 2 or 3 years ago.  If you're interested I can
try to dig up the links.

Phil