In article <5c2874720502071041543561d3 / mail.gmail.com>, Jason Sweat wrote:
>Does anyone have suggestions for projects/libraries to web test code
>(HTMLUnit like)?
>
>I had this project bookmarked from a month or so ago on this list:
>http://www.xpenguin.biz/download/webunit/index-en.html
>
>But about 1/2 of the listed "libraries used" are no longer functioning links.
>
>I also looked at watir http://wtr.rubyforge.org/
>which looked nice, but unfortunately requires Internet Explorer via a
>COM interface, and I am looking to run this test on a linux server via
>cron.
>
>Are there some other useful web testing libraries people could point me towards?

Selenium: http://selenium.thoughtworks.com/

Works with IE, Mozilla, Safari.

It uses client-side Javascript to control the browser. There is a Ruby
interface, or you can specify the tests as a bunch of HTML tables that have
actions and assertions. (There are also interfaces for Java, .NET and
Python.)

I haven't used the Ruby interface, but started using the table-based one
today.