Avi Bryant wrote:

# On Wed, 21 Mar 2001, Ron Jeffries wrote:
#
# > At the moment, it looks like the state of Ruby/Tk is such that we
# > could make millions by writing a book about how to open a f'g
# > window.

I know the feeling.

However, have you considered asking some of the volunteer Japanese to
English documentation translators to post your questions to the
Japanese Ruby mail lists? I suspect the overwhelming amount of Ruby/Tk
expertise in the world still resides there.

# Has anyone built Ruby/Gtk on windows?  I've in general found Gtk
# far, far more pleasant to work with than Tk, and with Glade and Ruby
# thrown into the mix it's a dream for rapid prototyping.  It's a
# shame that Ron and others in the windows world are unable to make
# use of it... next time I have a windows box handy maybe I'll look
# into getting that going.

This won't help people with problems now, but GTK+ 2 is supposed to be
developed with the aim of good Windows and Mac support from the
beginning (as opposed to being an informal afterthought). I don't
expect to see much until late this year, however.  Things will also be
more convenient (Glade-wise, install-wise, deployment-wise) when Ruby
comes bundled with XML stuff.

Conrad Schneiker