On Wed, 21 Mar 2001, Nathaniel Talbott wrote:

> > If I'm not mistaken, while the "OOP-like C code", as well as
> > Ada and Perl
> > (latter with an extension download) can be generated from
> > within a Glade
> > session, the actual Glade resource files are output in XML.
> > Thus, anything
> > which can parse the XML can output final source in Ruby or whatever.
>
> Sorry if I wasn't clear, but I wasn't talking about Glade (which I haven't
> used, for better or for worse).

Do.  It's great.  Use Ruby/LibGlade from the RAA, which doesn't generate
code at all, but dynamically loads in the XML file and creates all the
widgets on the fly.  Getting rid of all the widget creation,
configuration, packing,  and signal connection code, and abstracting it
all into a nice XML file with a nice graphical editor lets you ignore a
lot of the non-rubyesque clumsiness of the API, because you only have to
use a very small part of it.

I like glade/libglade a lot, in case you couldn't tell - Ruby is the third
language I've written libglade bindings for... ;-)

Avi