"Nathaniel Talbott" <ntalbott / rolemodelsoft.com> writes:

> Sounds cool... just a quick warning before everybody starts using rar to
> refer to it. I don't know if everyone knows this or not, but RAR is actually
> a compression algorithm. A friend told me about it awhile back; it trades
> speed for some of the best compression you'll find. A google search turns up
> a lot of stuff:
> http://www.google.com/search?num=20&hl=en&lr=lang_en&safe=off&q=rar; and
> http://www.rararchiver.com/ seems to have pretty good info.

It's now called Scarf: Self Contained Archive of Ruby Files

It's not intended to be an application packager or installer: it's
simply a way to bundle a group of library files into one archive file,
and allow Ruby to access them while in that file.

It really is not much: 30 lines of code or so. It's more a proof of
concept. I'll be putting a tar file up this evening.

Dave

ps. Thanks for Lapidary: I'm downloading it now.