On 7 Feb 2005, at 00:43, David Heinemeier Hansson wrote:
[snip]
> Pythonists and Perlers probably doesn't feel that Ruby (on or off
> Rails) is sufficiently different from what they're currently doing to
> warrant stepping down the expert ladder.
[snip]

That's odd. I've know a lot of people who're spending time playing with
Ruby from the Perl world.

In general I've found that Perl folk usually like Ruby since it's much
closer to Perl's TMTOWTDI attitude (which may be why some Python folk
dislike it?) and fills all the nasty OO holes while we wait for Perl 6
to arrive :-)

Cheers,

Adrian