* Hee-Seng Kye <katsura / msbx.net> [0236 09:36]:
> > Have you tried starting irb as "irb --readline" ?
> >
> > Or, inside irb, enter "require 'irb/completion' "
> > I seem to recollect something similar working for me on Windows some time ago.
> >
> > HTH
> > CT
> >

> Thanks for replying!!!  Yes, I've tried both methods, and still with no
> luck.  It's not big a deal but still frustrating.
>
> Anyone in this list working on Mac OS x and having a similar problem?  I've
> tried everything I can, but it's not going anywhere...

I had this trouble on netbsd2.
Did you build the ruby readline extension when you built the source?

(does

 ruby -rreadline -e '1'

give an error?)

If so you might need to go into

ext/readline

under your ruby source directory and try :

ruby extconf.rb
make/make install

--
'Oh. Your. God.'