On Tuesday 20 March 2001 16:22, Nathaniel Talbott wrote:
> From: Avi Bryant [mailto:avi / beta4.com]
>

> > I've in general found Gtk far, far
> > more pleasant to work with than Tk, and with Glade and Ruby
> > thrown into
> > the mix it's a dream for rapid prototyping.
>
> Hmmm... I don't know about a dream... but it is OK :-) I guess I'd like
> something that was a little more rubified than the OOP-like C code of Gtk.
> The extension does an excellent job of wrapping it, but it can only hide so
> much. It seems a bit hard to extend, too. OTOH, from what I've seen of Tk,
> Gtk is much, much better.

If I'm not mistaken, while the "OOP-like C code", as well as Ada and Perl
(latter with an extension download) can be generated from within a Glade
session, the actual Glade resource files are output in XML. Thus, anything
which can parse the XML can output final source in Ruby or whatever.

Regards,

Kent Starr
elderburn / mindspring.com