> Has anyone built Ruby/Gtk on windows?  I've in general found Gtk far, far
> more pleasant to work with than Tk, and with Glade and Ruby thrown into
> the mix it's a dream for rapid prototyping.  It's a shame that Ron and
> others in the windows world are unable to make use of it... next time I
> have a windows box handy maybe I'll look into getting that going.

I must pipe up here and point out the new kid on the block, FXRuby:

    http://fxruby.sourceforge.net

Although the Ruby language bindings are still under development, they're
quite usable at this point and I'm making pretty quick progress. You can
certainly download it and try out some of the examples to get a taste of
where things are going -- precompiled binaries are already available for the
Cygwin-based version of Ruby for Windows. FOX (the underlying C++ GUI
toolkit) itself works beautifully on both X and Windows, and is in
production use for a number of commercial and free/open source software
applications; any flaws you see in FXRuby are surely due to my mistakes ;)