Hello.  Another new RedCloth.  I'm just pushing these out so we can get
stable as soon as possible.  This release contains a few small fixes and
appears to be stable.

RedCloth is a processor for Textile and a subset of Markdown.  Both are
text formats which can be transformed into XHTML 1.0 Strict.

More about RedCloth here: http://www.whytheluckystiff.net/ruby/redcloth/

---

Let me give you a roadmap of what to expect with RedCloth 3 in the
coming months.

RedCloth 3.1 will focus on getting us diverse outputs.  I am reconciling
LaTeX and Docbook patches right now.  I also have a ClibPDF patch.

Here's how these output plugins will work.

1. Output libraries will be named according to the name of their output
method:

  require 'redcloth'
  require 'redcloth/to_pdf'

2. The output method will pass its options to RedCloth's `convert_to'
method.  In this example, a ClibPDF is passed in and the Textile
fragment is added to the PDF.

  class RedCloth
    def to_pdf( pdf, *rules )
      @pdf = pdf
      convert_to( :pdf, rules )

3. The `convert' method will process Textile rules, calling methods
named with the format prefix.

  class RedCloth
    def pdf_h1( tag, atts, cite, content )
       @pdf.newline
       @pdf.textPara( "NewCenturySchlbk-Roman", 14.0, LEFT, 0.0, 0.2,
content )

Once these output plugins are in place, I'll finish up the remaining
Markdown syntax in RedCloth 3.2.

_why