In article <3AB7921F.B26BB1E / hurstlinks.com>,
Guy N. Hurst <gnhurst / hurstlinks.com> wrote:
>I don't see a problem here, because I only meant
>for the '.' to be higher precedence than a space.
>If there is no space, than the lack of it is higher
>than the '.'
>
>Foo.new(1).bar("a")  #-> (Foo.new(1)).bar("a")
>Foo.new (1).bar("a") #-> Foo.new((1).bar("a"))
>
>Can you think of any problems still?

I think this makes sense.  After all, since we're giving the option
of using whitespace in lieu of parens, we might as well make that
whitespace mean the same thing as parens.  Maybe.  This is just at
first glance, of course.  It sends the visual message that the
low-precedent code on the right is separate from the high-precedence
code on the left, in the invisible parentheses.  But...

What about people who like to do things like this:

  Foo.new 1, (1).bar("a"), 2

--
Nick Bensema <nickb / io.com>      ICQ#2135445