On Feb 4, 2005, at 14:50, DaZoner wrote:

> I'm wanting a programmatic way to create zip files (which I'd like to
> use in
> conjunction with Rake to build my releases on Windows). Is rubyzip the
> way
> to do this or am I missing something about Zlib? If its rubyzip does
> anyone
> have a reference to some docs or examples?

Actually, you'll need both rubyzip and zlib, since zlib does the
compression/decomcompression, and rubyzip handles the zip file system.
However, as long as you have zlib installed (including the ruby
extension for it) you won't have to use it directly - rubyzip just uses
it for the heavy lifting.

You can find rubyzip documentation at
http://rubyzip.sourceforge.net/doc/.

HTH,