Joe Van Dyk wrote:

> Can someone complete the psuedo-code in SomeObject#method_missing for
> me?  Or suggest a better way of doing this?  The attributes for
> SomeObject are, in my application, are generated from a configuration
> file.
>
> Thanks
> Joe
>
> class SomeObject
>     def initialize
>         @attributes = { :x_pos => 20, :y_pos => 30, :z_pos => 40 }
>     end

Perhaps you could do it simpler by changing this logic? I was thinking
along the lines of

def initialize()
   { :x_pos => 20, :y_pos => 30, :z_pos => 40 }.each do |key, value|
     instance_variable_set("@#{key}", value)
     class << self; self; end.send(:attr_accessor, key)

But that won't quite work when the field set can change after initialize
has been called. When you know all the keys upfront you can also move
the accessors to the class definition.