Hi --

On Fri, 4 Feb 2005, Nicholas Van Weerdenburg wrote:

> I'm curious- I keep hearing about LaTex -> PDF, but never
> XSL-FO/FOP->PDF. Is there a reason for that?

I've done some work, along those lines, on a Redcloth -> DocBook
converter, mainly (but not only) with an eye to converting Hieraki
books.  It is, at the moment, pretty much an in-place hack of the
to_html converter, which is actually a fairly effective way to
bootstrap it, though I'd like to finish and polish it in a really
DocBook-specific way.

Anyone else who wants to should feel free to have a go -- it's in the
RedCloth CVS repository, at
http://rubyforge.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/redcloth/lib/rctodb.rb?cvsroot=redcloth.

David

--