Id be way more interested in YARV if it wasnt so convoluted
to do. I have to download yarv (a given!), get a patch to
the ruby CVS... then get ruby from cvs. patch ruby. try and build.

i would rather have a tarball i could just download where its all
done.. then I have to try and not clobber any of my existing ruby
install (an easy given).

i usually break things when I try applying patches.

but then what? where from there? what next? how do I give feedback? how
do I help? I think YARV is a very important next step for ruby, but
what needs to be done to leap the chasm of just compiling it to being
helpful and providing back?

-stu