Alexander Kellett wrote:
> working on alternatives for the ruby runtime has
> to be about the most difficult tasks one could take
> on, and on top of that, the community interest doesn't
> really help.
>
> maybe its just me but i expected *many* more emails in
> reply to the yarv and ruby2c releases!!!!!
>
> come on guys and gals, surely these projects are worth
> way more than that? what with being a possible future
> to ruby, it seems natural that people would express
> much more interest!
>
> even if you don't want to or don't think you could help
> out directly then at least get involved!, give feedback!
> i'm sure the developers would love it!
>
> Alex

Well, Alex, I kinda feel like a caveman who's just been given a wrench.
 You're screaming "Look! Look! Look at this awesome tool we've
invented!  And it's all yours!".  I'm staring at the shiny new metal
thing, and deep down I get the feeling it's pretty important, but I
just don't know what to do with it.

Know what I mean?

Regards,

Dan