why the lucky stiff wrote:

> Thomas Counsell wrote:
>
>> I've been wondering whether RedCloth is being stretched in too many
>> directions?
>>
>> On the one hand the use of gsubs! and big old regexps makes Redcloth
>> very powerful and great for clever textile commands for writing
>> beautiful books like _why's, but on the other they are really hard to
>> get right for the 'big pages, but mostly trivial markup' of wikis.
>

> Yeah, totally.  But I think I just need more tests.
>
> In the examples given by Alexey, RedCloth is given IRC logs.

Just one of them - and that one doesn't work with RedCloth 2.0.11, either.

As for the rest of them, I looked at all those pages - and it's a simple
bug:

irb(main):005:0> r = RedCloth.new("\n")
=> "\n"
irb(main):006:0> r.to_html
RegexpError: too big quantifier in {,}: /^ {32767}\S/
        from ./redcloth.rb:937:in `flush_left'
        from ./redcloth.rb:932:in `clean_white_space'
        from ./redcloth.rb:270:in `to_html'
        from (irb):6
irb(main):007:0>

--