On Feb 2, 2005, at 3:40 AM, Alexander Kellett wrote:

> not my place to say really as i'm not involved directly in the
> project, but... the idea of ruby2c is to make it possible to write an
> interpreter in a fairly idiomatic ruby subset. the aim is not to be
> used for directly executing end user code, but instead for making a
> maintainable interpreter written in this subset ruby, and for making
> it *much* easier for ruby coders to write fast extension modules
> without forcing them to code c :)

I'm torn. On one hand I'd like to solely focus on metaruby (keep the
eye on the ball). On the other, I think ruby2c has good potential to be
generally usable by a much wider audience to optimized bottlenecked
code. It seems to me a good way to recruit for a majority of the
toolset so we can then better balance our time between the two goals.

--
ryand-ruby / zenspider.com - http://blog.zenspider.com/
http://rubyforge.org/projects/ruby2c/