why the lucky stiff wrote:

> I'm so glad this release is out.  I can let up my concerned look.
> What a relief.

I'm sorry, but... still no go. But looks close.

I have a regression test case for RedCloth, which is, basically,
importing all markup of rubyonrails.com/rails into Instiki (SVN trunk
has an import feature). RedCloth 3.0.2 fails to process some 20 pages,
saying: "too big quantifier in {,}: /^ {32767}\S/"

Stack trace points to redcloth.rb:937.

E.g., this page: http://wiki.rubyonrails.com/rails/show/StoryCards

There is also one page that both 3.0.2 and 2.0.11 fail to process,
namely
http://wiki.rubyonrails.com/rails/rollback/IRC%20Logs%20in%20Color?rev=0

There you can see the "stack trace too deep" in regexp still (but that
didn't work since some time, so not so serious).

--
Best regards,

Alexey Verkhovsky

Ruby Forum: http://ruby-forum.org        (moderator)