Hello Ilias,

Welcome to the Ruby language.

Your post tells a tale of a lot of personal frustration and of a lot of
conflicts with people in other open source communities. While I certainly
see what you are talking about in your message (although it is rather
long and requires some in depth reading), I cannot share your vision of
things. I don't think the Java community is entirely bad and the way it
has reacted to you cannot entirely be blamed on them. Wanting to say: You
have a very upfront way of dealing with things that some people might
understand as an offense.

> My question is essentially:
>
> How many of those constructs are already supported by Ruby (and the
> surrounding open-source-projects):
>
> http://lazaridis.com/case/stack/index.html

and

> I don't know Ruby.
>
> Basicly I would like to do everything in C++.
>
> But development must go quicker.

give me mixed feelings about what to answer you. Yes, Ruby possibly
supports a great many of the things you mention, but if it does not, that
would be the time to learn Ruby and build some things yourself. That's
the way it works - you can't demand things to be built. Some of us are in
on this on daytime jobs, but most of us do this for free - so the phrase
'developement must go quicker' is really useless.

Not offering any advice here apart from that, since I don't want to
thread loose another long discussion about how things should be 'run'.

Please be assured of my best intentions,
kaspar

hand manufactured code - www.tua.ch/ruby