In article <200502021655.18476.probertm / acm.org>,
Mark Probert  <probertm / acm.org> wrote:

>Hi ..
>
>What are your thoughts on blogging software?  I am looking for something that
>is flexible, pretty lightweight, and able to run under webrick.

I'm using _why's Hobix for a photo/text blog:

http://hobix.com/

So far it's working pretty well for me.  I'm using webrick as the server.

Use a variation of this little script to use webrick with hobix:

   #!/usr/local/bin/ruby
   require 'webrick'
   include WEBrick

   s = HTTPServer.new(
       :Port            => 2501,
       #path to your htdocs dir
       :DocumentRoot    => "/home/phil/weblogs/htdocs"
   )

   ## mount subdirectories
   require 'hobix/config'
   require 'hobix/weblog'
   config = File.open( File.expand_path( "/home/phil/.hobixrc" ) ) { |f|
   YAML::load( f ) }
   config['weblogs'].each do |name, path|
       weblog = Hobix::Weblog.load( path )
       s.mount("/#{ name }", HTTPServlet::FileHandler, weblog.output_path)
   end

   trap("INT"){ s.shutdown }
   s.start

It's been running on my Linux box at home in Oregon since early
December with no intervention from me (I've been in Italy all that time) -
though I did upgrade my Hobix remotely a couple of weeks back (a bit
scary, yes) but the webrick server didn't need to be stopped.  I've got
it set up so that I can send email with a particular subject line to a
particular address and it gets posted to the blog.

Phil