Hello all,

Have an issue I hope someone can just point me to the problem.
Im installing Ruby 1.6.3 from source onto an OpenBSD machine running
the -current versions from CVS of that OS. When this machine was
running OpenBSD 2.7 I had Ruby 1.6.2 on it no problem. I dont believe
my environment is the issue here, but I included it for the sake of
completeness.

Here is where the compile dies when I run make:

readline.c: In function `username_completion_proc_call':
readline.c:352: `username_completion_function' undeclared (first use in this function)
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/local/src/ruby-1.6.3/ext/readline.

Here is the offending code from readline:

    matches = completion_matches(STR2CSTR(str),
                                 username_completion_function);

Any ideas on fixing this appreciated.. A quick search of the readline.c file
doesnt find this username_completion_function anywhere within that file.
(or maybe my eyes deceive me 8)

Help appreciated. I really want to get back to coding Ruby on my little Vaio!
-Ray
http://hackfoo.net/~ray       <rayathackfoo.net>
Do what you think is interesting, do something
that you think is fun and worthwhile, because
otherwise you won't do it well anyway.
                             -- Brian Kernighan.