--Apple-Mail-40-214385678

On 23 Jan 2005, at 06:35, firestar wrote:

> Shucks I just bought the PDF version of Programing Ruby 2nd Edition,
> intending to read it on my PDA while travelling, and to my horror I
> can't view it properly on my PocketPC! The words are all stuck
> together, and the file is quite slow to load in adobe reader 2.0.
> I would very much prefer chm books than PDF! damn...

Dave and Andy wrote a great Ruby book only to release it online costing
them many, many sales.  I think its great that they were willing to
release the book in an easily distributable format with so few
restrictions on it.

 From the PragProg PDF FAQ:

> Are the PDF files restricted?
>
> There is no copy protection or functionality restrictions in the PDF
> files. You may view or print them for personal use as you see fit.
>
> You may not give your PDF version to other people. For your
> protection, the PDF file you order is personalized with your name and
> other identifying information.
>
> You can buy multiple licenses of a PDF file for your team or
> organization, in which case the PDF will be stamped with the number of
> allowed licenses. We'll only send you one, so as to conserve
> everyone's bandwidth.

FEC2 57F1 D465 EB15 5D6E  7C11 332A 551C 796C 9F04

--Apple-Mail-40-214385678
	name=PGP.sig
content-transfer-encoding: 7bit

--Apple-Mail-40-214385678--