On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 11:34:29 +0900, Claus Spitzer
<docboobenstein / gmail.com> wrote:
> Even though I'm glad that Ruby saw this increase in activity in
> January, I think it is a bit premature to break out the champagne.
> Looking at the stats from the last 30 days (
> http://rubyforge.org/project/stats/index.php?report=last_30&group_id=167
> ) we can see that the spike was pretty much a one-time thing
> (coinciding with the onlamp article and its appearance on
> Slashdot). On the good side, it appears to be that after the
> article the bar has risen a bit. I'd like to think that it is
> because of a now larger userbase.

Well, I run a major mirror for RubyForge. This is the stats that
I've seen for January. It's slightly differen than the Windows
Installer data shown (as it includes all files over 3Mb on RubyForge
-- and a little of my own stuff):

The number of megabytes in each category indicates how many
megabytes were actually consumed by the specified number of
requests.

2005-01 95,168.0 Mb         Total
        68,735   Requests
        94,748.7 Mb         HTTP
        68,041   Requests
           419.3 Mb         FTP
           694   Requests

                Total           Total
Date            Mb              Requests
2005-01-31       5,082.46       2,800
2005-01-30       3,380.44       2,537
2005-01-29       2,612.19       2,263
2005-01-28       3,460.06       2,386
2005-01-27       4,362.77       2,736
2005-01-26       3,950.83       2,836
2005-01-25       4,739.47       2,702
2005-01-24       6,243.74       3,068
2005-01-23       5,043.30       2,772
2005-01-22       6,312.28       3,074
2005-01-21      13,957.13       4,201
2005-01-20       3,054.99       2,602
2005-01-19       3,585.44       2,485
2005-01-18       3,924.42       2,864
2005-01-17       2,283.77       2,245
2005-01-16       1,784.23       2,215
2005-01-15       2,011.35       2,266
2005-01-14       2,777.88       3,431
2005-01-13       3,001.72       2,673
2005-01-12       3,184.64       2,419
2005-01-11       3,092.34       2,974
2005-01-10       2,926.94       5,528
2005-01-09       1,945.36       2,327
2005-01-08       1,560.58       2,190
2005-01-07         874.47       1,053
2005-01-06           1.94          24
2005-01-04          13.26          64

I'm not sure how RubyForge's bandwidth went otherwise, but I think
it would be a good thing to add more mirrors. :)

-austin
--
Austin Ziegler * halostatue / gmail.com
               * Alternate: austin / halostatue.ca