> This isn't even what he was asking for, though.  The OP wanted a
> `saved arguments' thing like currying...  hardcoding in x and y is the
> same as hardcoding 1 and 2 in the q (or x in OP's one example) = x +
> y+ z...

I thought that Trans was posting a target for the generated code after
the call to the function is made with too-few arguments. So if
fun(1,2) was called, it would generate and return an object
representing the function I posted above. But the two important steps,
capturing the function call and retruning a "function object", I don't
know how to do :(

I do remember seeing sometihng like def fun:pre() in a slide talking
about Ruby 2 though...

Douglas