"Scott Rubin" <slr2777 / cs.rit.edu> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:41ff9cf0$1 / buckaroo.cs.rit.edu...
> Ok, I want to make a program that requires a database.  But it only
requires a
> local database that can reside in a single file.  It doesn't have to be
> relational or anything.  So just about every SQL database is overkill
for this
> application.  I thought about something like berkdb and I found
ruby-bdb, but it
> is documented poorly and I can't figure out how to use it.  I basically
need a
> flat record table which I can query.  I would use csv, but that is
actually
> slightly underpowered.
>
> Can someone make a good suggestion for a database to use and also point
> documentation on how to create ruby applications with that database?
Thanks.

If it fits into memory, you might use ( Hash OR Array OR
YourSelfCreatedContainer ) AND ( Marshal OR Yaml ).  Alternatively you can
use rexml and get the query language for free (although it's not SQL but
XPath).  PStore is another alternative.

Kind regards

    robert