Scott Rubin wrote:

> Ok, I want to make a program that requires a database.  But it only
> requires a local database that can reside in a single file.  It
> doesn't have to be relational or anything.  So just about every SQL
> database is overkill for this application.  I thought about something
> like berkdb and I found ruby-bdb, but it is documented poorly and I
> can't figure out how to use it.  I basically need a flat record table
> which I can query.  I would use csv, but that is actually slightly
> underpowered.
>
> Can someone make a good suggestion for a database to use and also
> point to documentation on how to create ruby applications with that
> database?  Thanks.

I have a DBMS called KirbyBase that might fit the bill.  There is a
version written in Ruby and one in Python.  I just updated the python
version and hope to get the ruby version updated soon.

If you do take a look at it, you will find the updated manual in the
python 1.7.1 version much improved over the manual in the ruby 1.6
version.  Most of the python version manual will apply to the ruby version.

More info on KirbyBase is at:

http://www.netpromi.com/kirbybase.html

Hope this helps.
Jamey Cribbs