Hi,

In message "[ruby-talk:12905] Native/pthreads in Ruby"
    on 01/03/20, Christopher Petrilli <petrilli / amber.org> writes:

|I read everything I could find in the archives talking about
|implementing pthreads in Ruby, and I'm wondering if anyone has started
|on this.  I'm working on a project which is pretty I/O intensive and
|this would help enormously in writing a fast version.  I'm currently
|working to convert the code from Python (which uses pthreads), and I'm
|running into that wall.
|
|Ideas?

The conservative GC which Ruby is using does not work well with
pthreads.  Unfortunately pthread does not provide the way to get stack
boundary of each thread.  You have to restrict Ruby interpreter to be
run on only one thread to get along with native threads.

							matz.