Florian Gross <flgr / ccan.de> wrote:
> > if I telnet to the drb port, the server seems to be active.  Without
> > "Breakpoint.activate_drb", it works as expected from standard
> > input/output.
>
> You have to use the breakpoint_client (also available from Rails) as the
> underlying protocol is DRb and not Telnet. It was a bit easier to code
> that way.

I am.  The telnet was just a test to see if the server was running.
If you look at the end of the previous email you'll see I copied what
happened when I run breakpoint_client (it just hangs until I press
Ctl-C):

[vinata] [/tmp] ruby breakpoint_client.rb
No connection to breakpoint service at druby://localhost:42531 (Interrupt)
Tries to connect will be made every 3 seconds...
breakpoint_client.rb:189:in `sleep': Interrupt
        from breakpoint_client.rb:189
        from breakpoint_client.rb:147:in `loop'
        from breakpoint_client.rb:147

Thanks,