On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 06:10:45 +0900, gabriele renzi
<rff_rff / remove-yahoo.it> wrote:

> someone could sum up the differences beetween rubyrdf, the samizdat
> rdf/sqish implementation and Rena?
> Isn't there a significant overlap beetween all this stuff?

I did some research into Rena, Ruby/RDF and some of the other
RDF-related projects last summer.

I didn't get very far with evaluating Samizdat due to the large number
of dependencies; but I think it's accurate to say that it's more of an
application that uses RDF, than a library (or "framework", if you
prefer) for processing RDF.

Dan Brickley has confirmed that Ruby/RDF is effectively a dead
project, which leaves Rena, Semitar and Redland. As Aredridel hinted,
Redland is certainly the most mature of the three, but it's heavily
dependent on C extension code. Semitar was (is?) sort-of a hybrid of
"mostly Ruby" and some C extension code. Rena was (is?) completely
implemented in Ruby. All of them provide, to some degree,
functionality for parsing RDF into a model and then querying that
data.