Navindra Umanee wrote:

>>Yup, it's available as part of the Rails package, but I can also mail it
>>to you privately.
>
> Thanks.  I installed gems and rails.  I see you're the author of
> breakpoint.  It's just beautiful!

Thank you, always nice to get positive feedback. :)

> I have to admit I'm rather disappointed in gems though.  It seems
> exceedingly ugly that you have to do:
>
> require 'rubygems'
> require_gem 'rails'
>
> to use anything that is gem-installed.

Lately they seem to be munging RUBYOPT which causes other problems.
Personally I think the best way of doing this is the RPA way which just
adds its custom library directory to Ruby's library load path.

Anyway, I'd suggest just copying the breakpoint files to your
application directly for now as loading the whole Rails library seems to
be a bit too much overhead.

I'll do stand-alone releases of the breakpointing library in the future
via RubyGems and RPA so the process will get a bit easier. Right now I'm
however still investigating a few odd bugs.

> Can't seem to get breakpoint_client working yet, my client hangs but
> if I telnet to the drb port, the server seems to be active.  Without
> "Breakpoint.activate_drb", it works as expected from standard
> input/output.

You have to use the breakpoint_client (also available from Rails) as the
underlying protocol is DRb and not Telnet. It was a bit easier to code
that way.