Florian Gross <flgr / ccan.de> wrote:
> This would be possible by using a secondary thread that keeps spawning
> up breakpoints. E.g.:

Interesting.  Thanks for this easy looking solution!

> require 'breakpoint'

I can't seem to find this in: ruby 1.8.2 (2004-12-25) [i586-linux-gnu]

Is this an external package?

> Thread.new do
>    loop do
>      begin
>        breakpoint
>      rescue Exception
>      end
>    end
> end

Do you think this would be expensive or does breakpoint simply block
until it gets a connection?

> After that you could use the breakpoint_client to get a live shell where
> you could change and check basically everything.
>
> If you want to execute the breakpoints in a different context you can
> use  breakpoint(nil, TOPLEVEL_BINDING)  or  breakpoint(nil,
> obj.send(:binding)).

Thank you very much!

Martin:  Yup, that's what I meant by proxy to webrick.

Cheers,
Navin.