> From: dave / thomases.com [mailto:dave / thomases.com]On Behalf Of Dave
[...]
> Thomas
> > very likely (head in shame ...) I did not take into account
> > that #eql? might not the same as #==  even if a,b are from
> > the same Class - pointing out that Hash#eql? is id-based
> > for Hashes might be a good idea so.
>
> All eql?'s use Object#eql? unless otherwise overridden (by Array,

I guess have been overriding too many eql?'s these days ...

> Bignum, Numeric, Float, String, and Time).

I don't have the reference right now but I distingtly remember that
you explain the difference of #==, versus #eql?  with 1 == 1.0 true
but  1.eql? 1.0 false - that probably put me on the wrong track ...
(no harm done). I am actually quite happy with #== !=  #eql?  - it
makes dealing with recursive hashes much easier.

Christoph
[...]